Nov 30, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

This year, the week of Thanksgiving Celebrations began with a cute pilgrim play put on by Ashlynn's kindergarten class, where she played the very important role of an Indian woman, and her lines consisted of, "shhh".
Wednesday morning the kids were huge helpers and helped me clean and get ready for company. I'm thankful for my big helpers. Then, since it was about 60 degrees outside, we ran to the park and enjoyed the beautiful fall weather. I'm grateful for children who still enjoy going to the park, and for my older three who find joy in playing with Peyton and Kennedi. We then began baking the goodies: cheesecake and pumpkin pie - I'm thankful for sweets. Afterwards, Dallin and I ran to Sam's Club to get the few last things on our list - he sat in the cart and ate pizza and a berry shake as I raced around (with an extra 75lbs. in the cart) filling the cart, trying to beat our guests home - I'm grateful for one-on-one time with my kids. Then people began arriving at 6:30. Grandma and Grandpa Smith, Scott, Bart and Holly, and Shannon, Hailey, Andrew and Aaron and Indie came from Idaho and Utah. I'm grateful for family that will drive a long ways to spend Thanksgiving with us. The week was filled with card games, movies, kids playing, hot tub sits, great baby news! water plant tours, the Aquarium, pizza, Imaggiano's, laughter, snowball fights, and lots of good food! As we sat down to Thanksgiving dinner, Aaron (5) spontaneously started praying - I guess the food looked so good he couldn't wait any longer=). Then we all said what we were thankful for and the spirit of gratitude filled our home. I am thankful for Thanksgiving and how it helps my family and I remember our loving Heavenly Father and all the blessings that he so graciously gives to us.

5 comments:

Matt and Lindsay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt and Lindsay said...

Oh, I wish that we could have come! Our kids would have so much fun if we lived close, and maybe Matt and i could join you on a double date! We were looking on Remax at some cities near by you guys. You have to let us know of some places we should look at.

Me and My Boys said...

I didn't know you had the whole family come. That's awesome. Ashlynn is so cute. I love the indian costume, it's cute, I think I'll have to make one for London. Anna Jensen just found me on Facebook, and she asked how to get ahold of you so I gave her your blog address hope that's ok. Love ya!

:) said...

Glad that you had an awesome Thanksgiving! Wish that we could have been there. Happy Birthday Kennedi! Can't believe that she is one already!

shay said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! Wish we could've been there, it would've been so fun! Miss you guys!