Apr 27, 2009

My Pretty Boy!


The other day, we had a freak snow storm in the end of April (which seems to be getting pretty common around here), and Dallin was at a friend's house, down the road. There was over a foot of snow on the ground, and Kennedi was asleep, so I asked Ashlynn if she would sit with Peyton while I ran to the neighbors to grab Dallin. I turned on a show for them, locked the doors, and ran. When I came back in, I went straight to the family room where the TV was still on with Ashlynn glued to it, but no Peyton to be found. "Ashy, where's Peyton?" I asked, when who should come around the corner? Yep, Peyton. Proudly showing me his new, hot pink toes. (A good reminder why 6 year olds don't babysit).


Of course it was a pretty cute moment, but before I could totally enjoy the moment, I had to dash to my bathroom and see what kind of damage was done. I looked around and to my amazement, there was only one tiny spec of bright pink polish on the tile - easy to clean up - and he even put the toe nail polish back in the basket under my sink! He's much cleaner than my girls are when they do their toes. After the quick check, I ran back and could enjoy the moment - complete with a photo shoot!


*Tonight, I was tucking the boys into bed (they are in bunk beds, but of course like to pile up in the same one), and as I was trying to tuck them in, Peyton says, "I want to sleep in the punk bed, Mom." (meaning the top bunk).

8 comments:

Burton's blog said...

He is so cute! I love a man secure enough to wear pink!

deargoodness said...

Hey, he did pretty good-most of the pink is on his toes! When my little brothers would get into my nail polish it ended up all over their feet, halfway up their legs, and all over my carpet.

Kat said...

ohhhh I knew I loved that boy for a reason. Cutie.

:) said...

He did a fabulous job. I can't bend over any more so you better send him my way so he can paint my toes! Love it!

Pancake said...

LOVE the pink toes!!!!! What a cutie he is!

Kim said...

haha that's funny!!! Go Petey! I am sure Benson loves it!!!

aubreyp said...

I love it! So did you let him keep it on for a few days?

Beth said...

That is so funny! Wait until he is older and you show his friends these pictures!!