Nov 9, 2009

Happy Halloween

Halloween was a BLAST! I think it is definitely on the top list of holidays for my kids, and therefore it is so fun to get caught up in the excitement with them! It started off with an 11 mile run (getting ready for the 1/2 marathon this Saturday), then we shoveled some more snow off of sidewalks and driveways for trick-or-treaters, got ready - wow it takes a LONG time to get ALL 5 ready! - and then went to our good friend's house for pizza and trick-or-treating.

We did hit a few speed bumps along the way as Peyton woke up grumpy from his nap and insisted on being Mickey Mouse (his costume from last year - no idea where the ears went), not Spiderman (who he has insisted on being since September). Talie (Hermoine) lost her wand, and Dallin (Harry) lost his glasses. Thanks to some good friends and a persuasive father, we were able to carry on and Halloween was a success!

Later that night, as the kids were talking about Halloween, Peyton said, "I love Halloween! I get dressed like spiderman, knock on peoples' doors, say "Trick-or-treat", and they're so nice, they give me candy, Mom!" Life is so simple and wonderful at 3! I love it!

5 comments:

Beth said...

Your kids look great in their costumes!! I am glad they had a good time!

Me and My Boys said...

Their costumes look really great! i can't believe how old Kennedi looks. and Talie and Dallins costumes are Awesome! Peyton Cracks me up! wish we lived closer, London always talks about his best friend Peyton.

kado! said...

Your kids look SO cute!

...don't you just love to hear how little kids view things...so simple and beautiful! ;)

:) said...

Love love love your new family picture! So cute! Can't wait to see you guys! Have fun in your half marathon!

yunghart said...

Hey guys.
I finally found you.
Please email me then we can chat a little more.


Myungha