Aug 7, 2011

Talie Turns Teenager

If you haven't already guessed from the title, yes, Talie turned 13!!! And if you haven't already guessed from the picture, she's a lot of fun to hang out with - even the Colonel thinks so=).
She is 5'5" (86%) - (today, Peyton asked me, "Mom, why is Talie taller than you when she's 13 and you're 34?") and she is 107.1lbs. (60) - (shh, you didn't hear it from me=). She is great at making friends, and especially looking out for those who maybe feel a little left out. She loves music, face book, taking pictures of herself, blond jokes, babysitting, Brian Reagan, volleyball, basketball, and doesn't want to miss out on anything social.
She loves to play practical jokes on people. Sometimes it gets her in trouble, like at girls' camp, when some leaders tied her up to a tree as bear bait, and filled her pockets with candy - to get her back for her pranks. Her new favorite thing to do is to convince me that I am getting "Old Mam Syndrome" or losing my mind. She likes to hide eggs from me when I get them out, or move pitchers after I have set them out for dinner - to make me think I am losing my mind, and she tried to convince her leaders at Girls' Camp that I'm like 50.
Talie is a great babysitter, and is in high demand. One weekend, when we were out of town, she had to turn down 11 babysitting jobs - but now Dallin is starting to get some when she is busy - which he loves, but she hates. She is also super cute, and with her fun personality, a lot of boys have been noticing her lately.
Oh, and lastly, she is officially embarrassed of me. She told me that I could absolutely NOT come eat lunch with her at school - so I guess it's true: she is a teenager.
Talie & her BFF Megan (since the first day of school in the 4th grade after we moved here) on their first day of the 8th grade.


Talie, we love you!

No comments: