Oct 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!!

I have to say that this year was my favorite as far as Halloween costumes go. I love Halloween! It is the first holiday of the big holiday season, and it is very simple. The kids pick out costumes, put them on, and then go door to door and get candy, come home and dump it in piles for the big trade, eat tons, crash on the floor or go to bed, and then Mom and Dad pick out some of our favorites. It doesn't get better than this!
This year, Talie struggled trying to figure out what she was going to be. It's hard to find an outfit that's not, how should we say, trashy? for her age. But she ended up being an 80's girl and looking super cute! My only complaint, is that every time I teased her hair, she would look at me as if I had completely lost it, and then she'd calm it down with her fingers.
Hmm, does that bring back any scary memories?

Dallin wasn't sure at first what he was going to be, either. We went to the pre teen boy section and every costume either had a mask, a weapon, or tons of blood. Well, for school, you could wear anything except a mask, or a costume with blood. And, absolutely NO weapons. Hmm. He and I went back on our own and he found some fake hoop earrings and tattoos, and the idea was born!
He looked good! A little too good. And then when we were at Target, he started sticking one of the earrings on his nose whenever I wasn't looking, because he would get a lot of stares. I started to get a little concerned, that my sweet boy was turning on me. But no worries, the day after Halloween, he handed me all of his bad boy paraphernalia and wore a button up shirt and slacks to school. Dallin was back =).




Ashlynn knew exactly what she wanted to be when we first started talking costumes, and she played the role perfectly!













Yes, that is Ashlynn! The funniest part about it was that all of the 3rd grade teachers dressed up as nerds too. So now guess whose teacher's pet as well as a big nerd.






Peyton's pre kindergarten Class.













This year Peyton was to the rescue as Batman.

Kennedi played the role of Cinderella. Everyone at the Trunk or Treat said that she was even more beautiful than the real Cinderella. Of course she ate that up! As she went to each door, she'd come running down the steps yelling, "Mom, they're so nice! They gave me two pieces of candy!"And without stopping, she'd run to the next door with both of her arms up like an airplane, so that she wouldn't trip over her dress.


I guess she forgot that she was Cin- der- ella, and not Sleeping Beauty.




I found the cutest turtle costume at a consignment store and had to buy it! Tanner fell asleep in Benson's arms during Trick or Treating, but did not miss out on the big candy trade! He may be slow, but he's fast enough not to miss out on the big candy trade!














I even got in on the action a little bit this year, and wore a Hippie outfit. The next week at the Dr.'s office, our doctor was asking Kennedi what she was for Halloween. She told her, "Cinderella. And my Mom, she was a Rock Star!!" I thought that was pretty cool. It's not every day you can be a rock star.

No comments: