Aug 20, 2013

Happy 11th!!

    Ashlynn turned 11! One more year until she is in YW's. Which seems strange, as I think of my  chubby little toddler that I thought would always be 3. Ashlynn is a little peace maker in our home. She loves to play school with Peyton, Kennedi and Tanner, and they adore her. She is very nurturing and runs to everyone's needs, whether it's for a band aid, to make cookies for them, or to distract them from their tears. She just innately knows how to comfort people. Sometimes, I think she's better at my job than I am.
    Ashlynn also has the ability to see what needs to be done and jumps right in. She is a natural athlete, but soccer remains her passion. She continues to take piano lessons, but is not thrilled about them. She is an old soul, and often seems older than 11. She helped make the decision to go to a new school, Castle Rock Elementary School, this fall and is loving it. She'll come home and analyze the routines, organization, and staff of the school, and explain why she likes it. She left a lot of great friends and an amazing soccer team in Highlands Ranch, but has been a rock through this move, with all of it's changes. Sometimes I look at her and think, you are amazing.
    She is always the one to follow job charts and recommend different reward systems. She also reads her scriptures regularly and keeps a scripture journal. She is definitely not perfect, but I love her and know our family would not be the same without her. I love you, Ashlynn.

Oh, and how could I forget, she's obviously a lot of fun. She came up with P & K stories, to tell P & K every night before bed, and they are a hit!




No comments: