Jul 10, 2015

Little Moments

   I'm going to admit that lately, I have let myself be grumpy and forget to enjoy the phase of life I am in. Well, tonight I was going to a tennis lesson, taught by the generous Tiffany Layton, and Benson is in California with Ashlynn, and the big kids are at a Laser tag party. So, I bring the three little ones with me, to play at Bison park, while I hit tennis balls (or attempt to=). We pop popcorn, bring fruit snacks, a big blanket, three flashlights - to cut down on the fighting, and my phone with Frozen downloaded on it to help us survive 2 late hours at the park. We pull into the parking lot, and huge drops of rain start to pummel the Suburban. The tennis lesson is cancelled . . .  but  Kennedi asks, "Mom, can we still play at the park?" Tanner begins to cry as he realizes that the plan is to go home. They all three beg to stay and play in the rain. Three bundled up figures dodge across the parking lot, fighting against a rush hour of the families scurrying out of the park to escape the downpour.

   I watch my little ones run around and play for 45 minutes in the downpour. At one point, I swear a pitcher was being poured from up above. I think it just added to their adventure! At this moment, I am reminded how much I love the joy of children. I love being a Mom.

No comments: