Jul 25, 2008

The 4th of JULY!!


We were lucky to have uncle Nate, Aunt Katie, and cousin James come from Arkansas to come spend the 4th with us. We started the morning by sending Talie and Dallin off with Dad to go 4 wheeling. While the rest of us stayed home to enjoy the neighborhood parade, which consisted of neighborhood kids riding around the subdivision in their patriotic decorated bikes behind a fire truck. Apparently last year the kids went ahead of the truck, making the driver nervous, so this year, the truck tried to drive fast to keep ahead of the kids. Of course, they just rode faster and Ashy - one to never be left behind - tried to keep up and biffed it on her first go around the neighborhood. When I saw all of her friends ride by and no Ashy, I became nervous, and ran to find her. She had gotten back on her bike, but was not interested in finishing the parade or staying for the popsicles and festivities. But hey, her bike sure looked cute - great decorating Ashy!
After that we hung out at a park for awhile and then came home for the little ones to nap. Nate and Katie played water games with the big kids while Benson and I packed for the trip to Idaho the next morning. Then we finished up the evening at the Albrechtsens' home for a BBQ and fireworks. It was so cute, when the firework show started, after each firework shot up, Peyton's eyes bulged and his mouth shot open as he pointed, yelling "Fyah Wooks! Fyah Wooks!"
Then he would throw his hands over his gaping mouth.
Unfortunately we don't have a picture of it, but it was cute!
Hanging in the Hammock.

7 comments:

Kim said...

Yay for a new post! ;) haha I have no room to talk! Very cute pictures!

Me and My Boys said...

cute pics of kennedy! Hey I need to know about your crazy adventures after we parted ways. Need more info Dude!! Love Ya

Amanda said...

Sounds like you are having a fun filled summer! Your kids are so cute!!!

Julie said...

I miss little kids on holidays! Ok, I love the family photo at the top! So good of all of you!!!

Keri said...

I'm glad you found me! That family picture is so cute!

shay said...

Ashy, you did such a great job decorating your bike! I love it! So good to see you guys! We had so much fun in Idaho! We love you!

gina said...

I was going to ask you the same thing. Of course you can link me!