May 28, 2010

Aaahh, Mother's Day. I've decided that this is one of my all time favorite holidays. The day starts out with me sleeping in and staying in bed absolutely guilt free, because I know that I must stay in bed as I wait for my children to bring me breakfast in bed. This year they brought me a huge platter full of breakfast. (This effort is always headed up by Talie - Thanks Talie!) It contained chocolate milk, cereal, orange slices, and a bagel with strawberry jam. Mmmm good. Then is my favorite part, when the kids clamor up onto the bed and bring me the gifts that they made me at school. I will be so sad when the day comes that they want to buy me a gift instead of make me one.
One of my all time favorite gifts was a poem that Dallin wrote me in kindergarten. It was a fill-in-the-blank poem where he had to finish the sentence with his own choice of word. My favorite sentence was, "My Mom is as pretty as __________ . Most of the other kindergartners put words like: flower, rainbow, or rose, but not Dallin, he wrote, My Mom is as pretty as . . . my Dad.
After we finished with the gifts, Peyton came up from the basement carrying tissue paper, saying, "Happy Muddah's Day!" And in the tissue paper was his favorite dinosaur and 5 packages of fruit snacks. Truly a gift from the heart. All day, he kept going down to the basement and filling gift bags with his favorite toys and coming upstairs with a big grin, and a "Happy Muddah's Day, Mom!"
Then at church we got a See's chocolate bar to get us through the last two hours - you can't beat chocolate - and the rest of the day, you can just get away with not doing too much, and not feeling guilty about it. Over all, it just reminds me how grateful I am for my kiddos, to be able to stay at home with my children, and for a Mom who I always knew loved being a Mom. Happy Mother's Day to All!
I should have taken a picture of my beautifully arranged platter, but my kiddo's are funner to look at.

3 comments:

Burton's blog said...

You are so loved. I missed breakfast in bed this year. Darn those church meetings. Can I come to your house next year?

Mom said...

What a wonderfully blessed Mom you are. Five adorable, wonderful, beautiful and precious children, and a very loving husband!!
Thanks for sharing all the fun comments and adventures with your family. We love to hear about all you do.

So glad you had a Great Mother's day!!!! you are an amazing Mom!!!
and your wonderful children are living proof!!
Love You Mom Walker

Matt and Lindsay said...

Your cake is AMAZING! Looks like you guys have been having fun. Peyton looks SO grown up, it happens way to fast :o(
Hope we get to see you guys soon!
Lindsay
PS- You look amazing in the picture with Peyton!! One hot mom!;O)