Sep 16, 2010

Happy Birthday TALIE!!!

It's CRAZY to think that my baby is 12!!! Talie turned 12, is in YW's and Middle School - all in the same week! I remember the time when I thought my little ones would never grow up, and now she only has 1 or 2 inches before she passes me by!
Talie is a sweetheart! She absolutely loves babysitting and is my little entrepreneur -umm, pretty sure she gets that from her Daddy - She is always trying to come up with ways to earn money, and sent an email out to everyone in the ward with young children, announcing that she loves to babysit and completed the Red Cross babysitting course. She got to go to Girls' Camp and had a BLAST! She still loves animals, and is always on the lookout for a Smith family dog.


Talie is a great friend and always makes friends with those who may be left out by most. She is a lot of fun to be around and has a funny sense of humor. It has been so much fun watching her grow into such a beautiful, sweet, good person. I just hope the next 6 years go by very S L O W L Y because I can't believe that she will be gone in that amount of time! Talie we are so grateful that you are a part of our family, and I love you with ALL my heart!

Obviously, they didn't have running water at Girls' Camp!!


Talie is our little photographer. She is always taking pictures of herself and everyone else. She sets up a little studio in her room (complete with a fan for effect =) and pulls Ashlynn, Peyton and Kennedi and any of their friends that happen to be around, in for photo shoots. She also bought her very own camera with some Birthday and Babysitting money that she had saved up. We went to Wal mart to find her the perfect camera, but she didn't quite have enough money for the camera and the memory cartridge she wanted, so I suggested that we wait until she earns a little bit more money and then come back and buy the camera she really wants. She agrees to this, but while we are looking at other items to purchase, the gentleman she had been working with , comes up to her and tells her that since she had worked so hard to save up her money, he had spoken with his manager, and convinced him to sell her the camera for $20 less so she could afford it that day.

3 comments:

The Millers said...

Your baby is 12 already?? And I"ve just started having kids. :) At least you won't be OLD when your kids are grown. I will.
Just thought I'd let you know that we've moved to Colorado Springs. We're still getting settled, but I know that you're not too far. I'd love to get together with you sometime.
Lisa

Kim said...

Crazy!!! I LOVED this post! We miss you guys (we would sure like to have Talie here to babysit! :) )

Mom said...

Talie, I remember when I first met you, this tiny beautiful little baby girl, now you are a beautiful young woman. Time goes by so quickly. We Love You dear girl!!
Love Grandma and Grandpa Walker!!