Aug 22, 2016

Tuesday, everyone was in school or work except for Tanner and I. Since we had one full day before he starts kindergarten, what better thing is there to do than climb Castle Rock!?! So we drop Kennedi and Peyton off at school and off we go!

I love the flag and the star on top of the rock, that are reminders of the free, promised land that we live in and that Christ is the reason for our celebration of Christmas. And I LOVE that Castle Rock continues to stand for these truths!


Had to match Tanner's selfie!

Tanner is always cracking me up! As we were hiking the rock, here are a few thoughts he shared with me: 
We hear a siren, "Phew, they're not after me, I sat in my carseat the whole way here!"
and
Tanner is a typical 5 year old little boy, and every potty word just cracks him up, so recently, to try to get him to stop saying them, Ashlynn told him that potty words are bad words and we can't say them in heaven. Apparently, that's been on his mind, because on Tuesday, he says, 
"Mom, will we have a house in heaven?"
"Yes, Tanner, in the scriptures Jesus tells us that he will build us mansions for us to live in heaven with him."
"How long will we live there?"
"Forever!"
"Sigh, I don't think I can keep my bad words in for that long!"







 Then we met Dallin at the Ortho's for a long appointment and a chance to talk to the ortho. to see how his progress is going. I go back there, and there is Dallin with his braces OFF! But it didn't last long, they threw them back on and told him to continue to faithfully wear his rubber bands! I'm sure he was SO disappointed!


Before
After!

A much needed Kindergarten haircut! Tanner probably lost 5 lbs.! He is cute; he just jibber jabbers the entire time he gets his hair cut. I'm sure he's telling the lady all of our family secrets!

And then, that night Ashlynn makes a buddy as he is crawling out of her bathtub drain! I don't even want to know what he climbed through to get out of her drain! She brought him upstairs and he hops off of the pink container, right onto Tanner's head!

No comments: