Mar 25, 2009

Ok., so I notice a lot of times I will have a little thought, a little inspiration. Nothing huge, but I think that I should do or say something specific, and then if I don't follow through with my thought, I later regret it and think that if I had just followed that prompting, my life would be a little bit easier at that moment.
Well, today was such an occasion, and - once again- I ignored it. This morning, I put Peyton in the bath tub adjacent to Ashlynn's room as I was cleaning the bathroom and helping Ashy clean her bedroom. Kennedi loves baths, but was already dressed for the day, and I thought I would save some time by not giving her a bath. As I was cleaning the bathroom, she was just walking around the bathroom talking to Peyton. I thought, "I should just take off her clothes and put her in the bath tub. But was in a hurry, and figured she would be ok., without the bath. I stepped out of the room, and well, you guessed it, as soon as I reentered, she had climbed into the bathtub, fully dressed. She just turned around and smiled up and me, cooing, "Mamma." Just like it was completely normal to bathe in your clothes. And she continued to bathe rather comfortably, I may add, while I took pictures.


Kennedi, happily playing with her cars in the bath tub.

Obviously this was not a negative consequence. Yes it took me a little longer to take care of her wet clothes and put her in a dry outfit, but boy did it make me laugh. Now I am trying to follow through with these promptings, so that in little ways my life will be easier, but more importantly, so that I will continue to receive inspiration and that when it is for something more important, I won't have to learn the hard way to heed promptings.

5 comments:

Mary Mike said...

Very Cute. I'm glad you could enjoy the moment as it happened and the bonus is you learned a leason to. Very Funny!

Janae said...

I am glad to hear you can laugh about things like that, especially when you are in a hurry or busy! What a cute photo op!

aubreyp said...

That's so great! It was after you left, so I don't think I told you about the time Grady climbed into the bathtub just before church, did I? So it's pretty self explanatory, but we forgot to empty the tub after all of the kids were bathed and we had five minutes until we needed to be out the door and couldn't find Grady. Surprise! We found him in the tub in his church clothes just splashing around as happy as can be. I found it humorous and was glad that at least he didn't have his shoes on yet. These little ones just want to have fun!

shay said...

So funny! I'm glad you got some pictures!

Jill said...

Glad you're learning your lesson, Christina!! :) You always had never-ending patience that I admired.
It's been fun to look through your blog. They're all growing too fast! We miss the Smith's!