Dec 28, 2009

The Black Eye!


If you're wondering what happened, here is our "story" - Every Tuesday and Thursday morning, Benson plays basketball at the church. One Tuesday morning, at about 7:15am, the kids come running into my bathroom yelling, "Mom, Dad is bleeding all over!" I ran to the front door, trying to figure out if he was in a car accident or what happened. But it turned out that someone palmed his nose (instead of the ball) as he came down from making a basket. This picture was taken a week and a half after it happened, and it still looks this bad! Unfortunately, it looks like he will have to have surgery on his deviated septum, from talking to those that have had it - it's worse than giving birth =(. Poor Guy! At church, everyone thought it was the funniest joke, that I had had enough with Benson and finally let him have it. I don't know what's so funny about a 5 foot 3 inch woman taking down a 6 foot 5 inch man. All, I have to say is, "Honey, next time take the garbage out the first time I ask you to!=)"



Unfortunately, the other guy doesn't look worse

9 comments:

kado! said...

OH mY!!!!!! that is scary! Hope he is feeling much better! basketball can be rough!!!

...and your Christmas card is so cute! Thanks! Your family is the cutest! (Sean said...whoa, that is a lot of kids...I had to remind him that he has the exact same size family!!!! 4 sisters...and him! How funny huh!)

The Millers said...

oh my gosh!! Benson's face looks awful...I hope it doesn't feel as bad as it looks!
Thanks for the Christmas card. I love the picture you chose. It has been fun to catch up over the internet through the blogging world. Remember life when we were growing up and distant relatives and friends didn't get to know the kids much because there was only the phone and snail mail. Thank goodness for technology.

Beth said...

Church basketball is brutal!!

Mary Mike said...

Jason says maybe you should check out the Luthern league :) So sorry, you should be getting major sympathy points! Both of you :)

Burton's blog said...

Dear Benson,
I have been practicing this speech since Brady's back surgery so listen up, its a good one.....
I know you love basketball. It has been a part of your life since you were a little boy. The problem is, you are a big boy now. Basketball hurts now! Pass the baton to your kids. Coach them, cheer for them, and share stories about the good ole days. It's their turn now.
Now send me your basketball gear and I will burn them with Brady's. It will be a fantastic bonfire! Seriously, I hope you feel better soon. Good luck to poor Christina!

Danae said...

Wow! That does look awful.

Ruth Tirrell said...

OK, so maybe my other comment didn't post but that's OK. Benson, Rodney says it looks as though you've been in a car accident. Looks bad and we hope you get well and feel better soon.

BTW, I know what sinus surgery feels like and it REALLY is not fun. Pain for a long time and you have to be real careful to not knock it so no wrestling with the kids no matter how careful you think you can be. (Sasha knocked mine in bed when she was really tiny and OH MY HECK it hurt like the devil)

Good Luck
Love you guys
Rodney and Ruth

The Millers said...

Christina--I hope you get this in the next week...don't know how often you check your blog. We didn't get the chance to meet up the last time we were in Denver, so maybe we can make it happen this time around. We are coming to your area Feb 3-10 and I'd love to see you and family and catch up. It's been way too long (I think you were prego with Dallin the last time I saw you).
Lisa

deargoodness said...

so we watched Julie and Julia last night--it was really fun! And I did like the girl's hair--I'm glad you thought of me :) (although, I'm trying to grow my hair out now. We'll see how long this lasts-James likes trying to rip my ponytail out by the roots) Strangely enough, the movie didn't make me want to eat or make French food. Don't know what's wrong with me. Maybe because I was already eating icecream (in celebration of passing our appraisal) so I was satisfied. But I thought Meryl Streep did an amazing job. I liked it.