May 25, 2011

Peyton just graduated from Miss Rhonda's pre school. It was a small pre school, with only six kids in it. Five boys and one girl - poor girl=). Peyton learned a lot and has gone from absolutely no interest in letters to being able to sound out most three and four letter words you give him. The other night, he was upstairs writing letters on a paper, and told me that he had written Dallin's name. I had thought that Dallin had helped him, but when I went over to look at his writing, he had spelled Dallin's name "D A L E N" and told me that he wrote it all by himself. I was surprised at how well he sounded out Dallin's name.
The graduation was cute with songs, reciting of poems, and the pledge of allegiance. I was surprised how emotional I felt that my little man is finished with pre school and ready to move on to Kindergarten!

One of Peyton's favorite parts of pre school was learning the Pledge of Allegiance. When he could recite it, he earned a small medal, and he proudly wore that medal every where he went for weeks (he still has it in his treasure box), and loved it whenever people asked him how he earned it. I love what little things make kids happy.

Peyton, receiving his diploma from Miss Rhonda.

1 comment:

Julie said...

So cute! I love Rhonda! Don't tell her I tod you, bur she used to babysit me! Lol we grew up in the same ward and I was friends with her younger siblings. Lol...love her!