Sep 3, 2008

And she's OFF!

Today we took Kennedi to the doctor, and she is only 15lbs. at 9months. This leaves her in the 60th% for height and 5th% for weight (which is unheard of with our kiddos). When the doctor and I discussed whether or not we should be concerned, she said, "Well maybe she'll be tall and skinny like you." I laughed and told her that she was the first person that had ever called me tall=). Even though being tall is not a matter of opinion, It still brightened my day.


Well Kennedi is officially crawling! At 9 months, she has been scooting around and pulling herself up to a standing position for about a month now, but has just mastered the art of crawling within the last couple of days! Sunday, she crawled over to me as I was working in the kitchen, and she discovered a stray chocolate chip abandoned by an older sibling. Aaahh, the joys of freedom!

When Kennedi wants something, she turns her mouth into a circle, saying, "ooh, ooh", and twists her wrist back and forth.
Whenever Kennedi pulls herself up to stand, a HUGE grin fills her face, and she gives a giggle of pride. Soo cute.
One of Kennedi's many new hobbies since taking up crawling: dumping the baskets off of the changing table and tearing the clothes out one by one. Now she and Peyton are partners in crime.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Oh my baby!! I like it that she is so tiny!! Keeps her little longer! Plus, maybe she will be tall like her daddy and skinny like her mommy! Great combo don't you think?? Love that cute smile. Your kids are all so cute!

gina said...

And if they weren't so dang cute you may have been able to get mad at the two of them. I knew she felt light for a reason, tiny little thing! Fun to hear she figured out the crawling stuff, well fun for her, and a whole new level of trouble for you!

Jenn @ Cuddles and Cameras said...

You're kids are just absolutely adorable! My little guy is in the 5th percentile for weight too... Small lil man... I was hoping that it was due to him being a preemie... but turns out it's probably genetic :)
Here's my email, we need to catch up : )
willandjenn2004@yahoo.com

Pancake said...

TALL! I love it! Who is her doctor I want someone to call me tall too!

Your kidos are SO cute! Glad the dr said all is well.

The cave went great! Onward with planning. Everyday I plan I ask, why oh why, didn't they take me up on flying them to hawaii for a honeymoon!

Matt and Lindsay said...

She looks so grown up in all the pictures. Wish we could be closer so that we could see each other more! Hey if your tall I must be tall too :o)

Me and My Boys said...

Oh Baby Nenny! she is too stiken cute, hey man she's got my kids beat, miles is in the 0% for weight even though he eats and eats and eats....you get the pict.

aubreyp said...

Oh my goodness! Kennedi is a doll! I wish I could be there to see her in person!