Sep 28, 2008

Funny Girls

Ok., a couple weeks ago I posted a blog about Kennedi crawling. Which she is continuing to do, but I guess I need to clarify when I use the word crawl. She can get anywhere she wants, but she has her own way of doing it. She takes both her front arms and sort of hops forward with them landing at the same time, like a bunny rabbit, and then crawls with her left leg and drags her right leg (still in sitting position) forward, and then starts the whole process over again. She's kind of half rabbit, half turtle - so I guess she ends up at with an average speed between her front and back ends. Here is a video - not the best, but it's a pretty cute crawl.



One of the things I enjoy most as a Mom is watching my children enjoy each other (maybe because it's so rare=) The other day, Talie took a handful of chocolate chips and placed one on the kitchen floor in front of Kennedi, who instantly put it in her mouth - of course. Then
Talie scooted back and placed another chocolate chip on the floor - which, again, was quickly gobbled up. Talie continued to go around the whole house, with Kennedi closely behind. The end result was a very happy Kennedi. And, who says chocolate doesn't make a girl happy?

Ashlynn is known in our house for her little one liners that keep us laughing. She loves princess movies (ok., I know, what little girl doesn't), but Snow White used to be her favorite. She would watch it and when the wicked Queen turned into the old lady, Ashy would hide behind the couch and peek around the side to catch little glimpses. The other day, she asked, "Mom, witches are extinct, right?"

She also lost another tooth and asked, "Mom, is there really a tooth fairy?" I asked her why she wondered, and she said, "Well, I was thinking, parents stay up late, and they could just put the money under the pillow."

Ok., one last one. The other day, she said, "Mom, I know what you and Dad do every night after you tuck us in. You watch movies and eat candy." Boy will she be disappointed when she becomes a parent.

Although Ashy is funny, she is not the only one that makes us laugh. We went four wheeling a couple of weeks ago for FHE. We went to Rampart Range, which is full of dirt trails meandering through trees - kind of a natural forest area. We got out of the car, and Talie looked around and said, "Mom, this is cool, but who would plant a bunch of trees in the middle of all these four wheeler trails?" Yes, her hair is naturally blond.

4 comments:

gina said...

That girl is too smart for her own good!! And yes witches did become extinct, right after the dinosaurs! Watch out for that girl!

aubreyp said...

Those are some great stories! I especially like how you added "Boy will she be disappointed when she becomes a parent." Ha ha! You're too funny!

Kennedi is so cute! I wish I could be there to put chocolate chips in front of her.

Pancake said...

What a cute crawl... I do believe I too waould crawl around the house IF someone places chocolate in front of me!!!

Mary Mike said...

Very cute stories. I like your commentary. I actually do eat candy at night when my kids go to bed! Emma and Madison have enjoyed reading your blog. Emma especially likes seeing all her clothes :).